The Red Queen's Run

The Red Queen's Run - Bourne Morris

Teaching is the most joyous profession of all. There are few things more satisfying than watching a group of students engage in debate, change their minds in light of someone's convincing argument, or just finally get it.

I am a big fan of Henery Press' cozy mysteries so I was excited to get this one from Netgalley. I am not used to reading books about professors and academics so this was pretty new to me (the murder part wasn't new to me though). I really enjoyed reading from Meredith's (Red) point of view. She was a relatable character and I felt bad for her with all the craziness she had to deal with trying to run the journalism school.

The thing that I loved about this book was Red and Joe's relationship. I loved the two of them together and whenever Joe was away couldn't wait for him to come back. I don't feel like their fight was necessary at all. It seriously seemed to come out of nowhere and felt to forced. The two of them really kept my interest fully in this book. I can't wait to see where their relationship goes next.

I have to be honest and say that it was really easy for me to figure out who the murderer was early on in the book. The mystery to me was why they did it. That did not lessen my interest in the book mainly because I just loved Red and Joe.

I look forward to continuing this series and seeing what happens to Red (and Joe, can't forget about him) next.