Gone Girl

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

This book was a roller coaster ride that I won't soon forget. What appears to be something grabbed from today's headlines turns out to be much more dark and sinister. Nick and Amy Dunne have hit a rough patch in their marriage when Amy suddenly disappears on their fifth anniversary. As the investigation deepens Nick becomes the prime suspect.During the first part of this book it seemed just like one of those all too familiar mysterious disappearances of a loving, devoted wife. I found myself being sucked into the story and cast in the roll of the disgusted public calling for the husband's head. It seemed obvious that Nick was behind the disappearance, and I felt horrible for Amy.I was not prepared for the jaw-dropping revelation in the second part. The twists in this book boggled my mind. The tangled web of this story became more intricate until the climax of the third part. This book will leave readers still thinking about it long after they finish it. An absolutely thrilling book that will mess with your mind.