The Dressmaker

The Dressmaker - Kate Alcott I've always been interested and fascinated in the Titanic. It seems like in the last couple years a lot of fiction books about the Titanic have been released and I've been eager to read some of them. I loved the fact that this book used real people with fictional characters. I was a bit disappointed with Tess, the main character. At times I became so annoyed with her and lost my interest in her life that I started losing interest in the book. She seemed like one of the characters in this book whose life I would have least liked to have read about. Luckily the book did change point of view from time-to-time so I didn't have to follow her throughout the whole book. I preferred reading the parts that were from Pinky or Jim's point of view. Even Lady Duff Gordon's point of view was more interesting. Aside from my lack of interest in Tess I did fell that it was a good book and that Kate Alcott did a good job of making the inquiry scenes interesting. I would recommend this book to those interested in the Titanic.