The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans - Ml Stedman To me this book centers around love and what it will make you do for someone; Tom's love for Isabella (and Lucy) drives him to do something that he knows is wrong, Isabella's love for Lucy drives her to take care of Lucy even though Lucy isn't her child, Hannah's love for her husband and daughter drive her to never stop looking for them. The actions we take in the name of love can have consequences on people we never imagined it to.This book is set in Western Australia and even though I have never been there M.L. Stedman describes it in such detail and so vividly that I can see it clearly in my mind. Stedman also manages to create characters that jump right off the page and straight into the hearts of readers. I have to admit that for most of the book I despised Isabella. How could she take someone else's child? Towards the end of the book my anger grew into sympathy and pity; the poor woman just wanted a child to love.The book's ending had to have been my favorite part of the book and it had me tearing up. To some the ending might seem cheesy or unsatisfying but to me it was absolutely perfect. For readers looking for a summer book with heart (and a lot of love) this is the book for you.[I won this book from a Librarything Early Reviewers giveaway. The content of my review is in no way affected by that.]