The Language of Flowers

The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh This was a really good book with a great story line to it but at times I just didn't fully connect with it. I was a bit confused with the switching back and forth between the present and the past in the chapters but eventually I got used to it. I liked how complex Victoria was and really enjoyed how reading about her past explained some of her later actions. Sometimes though the story felt a bit slow to me and I just wanted to rush ahead to find out what exactly happened between Victoria and Elizabeth. I really loved reading about the different meanings behind different flowers; that was what really drove me to read this book. This book eventually touches on the mother-daughter relationship. I think I would have enjoyed the last half of this book (or at least been able to relate better to it) if I was a mother myself.I would recommend this book to others. Someone with different life experiences may be able to connect with this book much more than I was able to. [I received a copy of this book from a Goodreads giveaway. That in no way affects the content of my review.]