Defending Jacob

Defending Jacob - I won this book from the first reads GoodReads giveaway. That being said I am so glad that I won this book. From the moment I first started reading this book it was so hard to put down. I literally was late to all appointments and meetings that I had while reading this book. I just couldn't stop reading it. This book is a legal thriller which may make some people reluctant to read it but I found it be to easy to understand the legal aspects and it wasn't dry at all. The story is about assistant district attorney Andy Barber and his journey to defend his son Jacob, when Jacob is accused of the murder of one of his classmates. This book really makes you think about the relationship you have with your child and just how far you will go for them.The way William Landay has written everything out in this book I can see everything in my mind as though I was watching a movie. He kept me hooked throughout the story with the many twists and turns. I won't give away anything from the book because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.I would definitely recommend this book to fans of thrillers, legal dramas, and basically fans of great books.The back of the book says that it is "The most buzzed-about Thriller of the year" and it definitely is for good reason.