Margaret from Maine: A Novel

Margaret from Maine: A Novel - Joseph Monninger From reading the book blurb I thought for sure that this book was going to be a great book. Unfortunately this book turned out to be far from great. This book follows two supposed "star-crossed lovers" as they navigate their sudden love for each other and the obstacles they find in their way. To me Margaret and Charlie seemed like that annoying couple that is always lovey-dovey and hanging on each other constantly. The dialogue was so mushy that I was constantly rolling my eyes and found myself losing my motivation to read this book. Love is messy and complicated and this book couldn't seem to completely convey that. Margaret and Charlie didn't seem to be conflicted much to me. I felt that Blake and her struggles were interesting and would rather have heard more about her. I do have to say that the ending was well-written and the most poignant part of the book. Overall I don't feel that I was the target audience for this book and would only recommend it to someone that doesn't mind sugary-sweet love stories.[I received this book from a Librarything Early Reviewers giveaway. The content of my review is not affected by that in any way.]