Cover of Snow

Cover of Snow - Jenny Milchman This review is difficult for me to write (and not in a "it was so good that I can't gather my thoughts" way). To be honest, if it hadn't been for the fact that I needed to write a review of this book I would have given up reading it within the first seven chapters. I felt it was necessary for me to read the whole book in order to write my review because I was given an ARC of this book. I do admit that the book had its good points but in my opinion it needed a lot more work done on it and a lot more editing as well.One thing that I felt really distracted me from the story was how overly dramatic and unrealistic some characters appeared to be. Sometimes this book reminded me of the 1-800-contacts commercial with the man who had "special eyes." Yes, it was that overly dramatic at times. I was also thrown by some of the relationships between the characters, i.e. Ned and Nora. At times I just didn't know what that whole relationship was. Were they supposed to be some quasi-romantic relationship or what?The story did seem to pick up starting in chapter eight and the book did become better, but sometimes it strayed back into the craziness that was the first seven chapters. There was so much build-up in this book that it seemed like the explosion at the end was going to be epic. Unfortunately it didn't live up to what I thought it was going to be. The twists were okay, but not mind-blowing.The summary of this book and the blurbs by well-known authors made it seem like this book was this great mystery and suspense book, but I just don't see what all the hype was about. I also just can't agree with the comparisons to other authors. With a lot of work this would have been a great mystery novel, but unfortunately it was far from that.[I received this book from a Librarything Early Reviewer's giveaway. My review is in no way affected because of that.]