Princess Elizabeth's Spy (Maggie Hope Series #2)

Princess Elizabeth's Spy - Susan Elia MacNeal Maggie Hope is back in action but this time at Windsor Castle. Maggie goes undercover as a tutor to Princess Elizabeth and finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation and on the trail of German spies at the castle.While I loved the first book and enjoyed reading about Maggie as a secretary for Winston Churchill I loved reading about Maggie as a MI-5 agent. Maggie is such a refreshing character to read about and as a MI-5 agent is where she really shines. She is feisty, intelligent, independent and vulnerable all at the same time.I was really looking forward to more interaction between John Sterling and Maggie so you can imagine my surprise when a few pages in we learn that John is possibly dead. I grieved with Maggie and like Maggie held out hope for him. I was reluctant at first when Maggie became close with her handler Hugh but that relationship grew on me.I loved the action in this book and the different mysteries that were filled throughout the book. My jaw dropped at the end when a few twists were unfolded. I did not see that coming at all and it made me eager to read more.This was a great sequel to the first book; it picks up the action and will leave you mind-blown at the end. I am off to pre-order the next book in the series as we speak.