Anne of Hollywood

Anne of Hollywood - Carol Wolper This book is a modern retelling of Philippa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl which definitely had me interested in the book. However as I began to read the book I realized that it wasn't as fresh and modern as the description toted. The ways in which Wolper tries to make this story modernized fell flat to me. Having Henry Tudor be a Hollywood elite could have been a great idea if wasn't constantly being called a King in the book. I hated the Anne gave him that little pet title. I wanted Wolper to kind of veer-off the whole King idea and make this Henry what he was, an executive. You wouldn't lose the whole basis of the story if you dropped the whole King thing (even though it was just a pet name kind of thing).Not many people in this book are likeable at all, but the story doesn't call for them to be likeable. I found myself rooting for Anne, even though I already knew what her fate was going to be. One of the things I did enjoy about this book was how Wolper portrayed Anne. Overall I thought the book was only ok and not really attention-grabbing.*I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway that in no way affects the content of my review.*