Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle

Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle - Fiona,  Countess of Carnarvon This is an interesting glimpse into life at Highclere Castle, the inspiration for the television show Downton Abbey, in the late 19th century and early 20th century. It mostly follows the life of the 5th Countess of Carnarvon, Almina. This book absolutely fascinated me. I liked reading about Almina's journey as Countess of Carnarvon. Basically I was fascinated with the whole family. From reading this book you can see just the great woman that Almina was. During WWI she converted Highclere Castle into a hospital to help wounded soldiers. At times I was a little confused because of how many people are mentioned in this book. Sometimes I'd have to flip back to see who someone was. It would have been nice if there had been an index in the beginning of all the names of the people mentioned and who they were.Overall this book is an interesting look into the life of Almina and it made me what to learn even more about her. I would recommend this book to friends and family, and also to fans of the show Downton Abbey.*I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway, that in no way affects the content of my review.*