The Magic Room: A Story about the Love We Wish for Our Daughters

The Magic Room: A Story About the Love We Wish for Our Daughters - Jeffrey Zaslow I am still in tears after finishing this book. My mother gave me this book to read after she finished it. She had found out that the author, Jeffrey Zaslow, had tragically died in a car accident and had seen an article about him and this book and knew that it was something that we should both read. This book was something special that my mother and I could share and bond over. My mother and I were already close but after reading this we became closer.This book isn't just about a small bridal store in a small Michigan town, it is about a parent's relationship with their daughter (mostly a mother's relationship but it also mentions fathers). This book follows some brides that have found their dress at Becker's Bridal and tells their stories. It shows their past and a little bit of what happens after their weddings. Some of the brides' stories had me sobbing.I liked hearing how Becker's Bridal was founded and how it has transformed over the years as the different generations have taken over control.Overall I would recommend this book for mothers and daughters to read together. It was a relatively quick read for me mainly because I just couldn't put it down.