The Strangler

The Strangler - William Landay I have to start off by saying that I was a little disappointed in this novel. William Landay's first novel was so suspenseful and I couldn't put it down, so I figured this one would be as suspenseful as that one. This novel follows the lives of three brothers, Joe, Michael, and Ricky Daley. Their father, a Boston police officer, was recently murdered on the job. All three brothers jobs revolve around the law; Joe, a police officer, Michael, a lawyer working for the attorney general, and Ricky, a burglar. The plot also follows the Boston Police Department's investigation of the Boston Strangler.It was hard for me to really get into this novel. All throughout the novel I felt like there were two plots that just barely fit together, the investigation of the Boston Strangler, and the lives of the Daley brothers. Yes the Daley brothers are somewhat involved in the investigation into the Boston Strangler but I felt like the plot involving their lives and how their lives become involved into the cities gang and their investigation of their father's murder was the much more interesting part of the plot. The ending was the most suspenseful part of the book and the part that held my attention the most. Overall I just felt like I knew what was going to happen throughout most of the novel, and I would have rather the novel concentrate more on the gang then on the strangler.