MYSTERY MAN

Mystery Man - Colin Bateman I had been looking for books to read for my personal goal of reading 10 books in the month of November and happened to stumble upon this book. According to some of the reviews I had read about it, it was a comedic mystery. I was so excited because it just seemed like a book that I would really love. After about the first two chapters I realized that this book was not what I thought it would be. The humor in this book fell flat to me, with most of it being the author repeating "Wanker! Wanker!" over and over (I just don't find much humor in that). As for it being a mystery novel once again that fell flat to me too. I had solved the murder that the Man With No Name gets involved with right after he first learns about it. It was just too predictable. I'm surprised that the Man With No Name ever solved the case because he seems so riddled with phobias, various other mental disorders, and illnesses that it always felt like he only concentrated on them instead of the case. I was hoping that this would be another series that I could read and love but needless to say I will not be reading the other books in the series.