First Visions (Second Sight, #1) - Heather Topham Wood I haven't read much ya paranormal books before so I was interested in trying something new (to me) and reading this book. At first I found the main character, Kate, to be somewhat awkward and annoying. She is 21 years old yet in the beginning of the book she seemed to have the maturity of a 14 year old. Once I read more backstory about her I realized that there was a reason why she is that way. I enjoyed seeing her grow more mature and more comfortable with herself as the book progressed.I liked the friendship that Kate and Jared first develop when he asks her to help with finding Cori. I was really pulling for them to become more than that. I started to hate Nikki so much that I started becoming suspicious of her (In my ramblings in my mind Nikki had something to do with her sister's disappearance). I loved what Kate and Jared's relationship developed into and was left wanting to read more about them.Overall I would recommend this to fans of the ya paranormal genre. I'm glad that I decided to branch out and try something new.[I received this book from a Librarything Member's giveaway, that does not affect the content of my review in any way.]