January Books

The Martian - Andy Weir The Waking Engine - David Edison The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien, Alan Lee The Heiress Effect  - Courtney Milan Longbourn - Jo Baker

These are some of the books that I plan on reading in January. Oh and I'll be posting my review of "Girl on the Golden Coin" in January as well.

The Martian by Andy Weir: This one is about an astronaut who is one of the first to walk on Mars and finds himself stranded there. I snagged this from NetGalley and am really looking forward to reading it.

The Waking Engine by David Edison: Here is a little bit from the description of the book: Contrary to popular wisdom, death is not the end, nor is it a passage to some transcendent afterlife. Those who die merely awake as themselves on one of a million worlds, where they are fated to live until they die again, and wake up somewhere new. All are born only once, but die many times...until they come at last to the City Unspoken, where the gateway to True Death can be found. I also snagged this from NetGalley.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: I am ashamed that I have yet to read this and Lord of the Rings so I have decided to read them during 2014.

The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan: I have read the previous books in the Brothers Sinister series and am really looking forward to reading this one.

Longbourn by Jo Baker: I am usually wary of books about Jane Austen's characters but this looked interesting so I decided to take a chance on it. I am still in the waiting line for this ebook at the library so we'll see if I manage to get it during January.