Status Updates: Currently Reading and Re-Reading

The Vikings - Magnus Magnusson Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon Fragments - Dan Wells

Instead of doing reading updates separately for each of the books that I am reading I thought that I would group them all together. Right now I am reading The Vikings by Magnus Magnusson, Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, and re-reading Fragments by Dan Wells. I am finding it hard to keep my concentration on one book right now and keep jumping around between these three (it kind of reminds me of when I put my iPod on shuffle and basically skip around a lot through the tracks).

Currently Reading:

The Vikings by Magnus Magnusson: Page 179 out of 320

This book is really fascinating. It takes a look at the Viking Age and really puts to rest the common yet false perception of the Vikings. I loved getting to read a little about Norse mythology in the beginning (and I am definitely interested in learning more about it) and I really like how this book is broken up into the different areas where the Vikings lived. Magnusson really mentions the Sagas a lot and I am eager to really look those up.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: 40% completed

I can't say that I wasn't warned about this book. A character that I despise and that almost all the other characters despise has suddenly returned to the story. I just knew that something was going to happen that I didn't like. This book is giving me a knot in my stomach when I read it now. I was reading it slowly before but now I think I'll be reading it even slower. Damn it Claire, I blame all of this on you. Why can't the characters just be happy for once.

Currently Re-Reading:

Fragments by Dan Wells: 4% completed

I just re-read the first book of the series and the prequel novella (which I recommend to read after you read the first book) and am now re-reading this book because the last book in the series was just recently released. After I re-read the other book and novella I went back and read my reviews and I feel exactly the same about the books now as I did back then. I am starting to remember what happens in this one and I am really excited to re-read it.