Status Updates: Currently Reading

The Vikings - Magnus Magnusson Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon

So once again I've decided to post my reading updates together. Last night I was feeling emotional (okay, sobbing like a little baby) while watching the final two Harry Potter movies (AbcFamily had another Harry Potter weekend) and I was going to post this long emotional post about how books, specifically the Harry Potter series, have affected my life but thankfully I am no longer a blubbering mess and you all will sadly have to go without my emotional ramblings. So on to the reading updates:

Currently Reading:

The Vikings by Magnus Magnusson: Page 248 out of 320

I am hoping to have this finished today. I feel like this is a great resource for someone like me that doesn't have much knowledge about Vikings but would like to learn more. This has also provided me with a list of Sagas that I would like to read, specifically those written by Snorri Sturluson.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon: 43% completed

Sigh...I know that I said that I would probably take a while to read this but I have now decided to just rip the damn band-aid off. I'm not going to start another book until I've finished this one. I am just wondering when this book will finally move on from Paris. It seems like they have been there forever. I really love these characters and is it bad that I just want to see them happy?